In order that the tournament runs smoothly for all of us we need to comply with the following:-
1. The tournament will be played under UKBGF rules v1.3. Please familiarise yourself with the rules.
2. Clocks: All matches are to be played on the clock. Clock Settings – 2 mins per point + 12 secs per move, e.g 11-point match = 22 mins + 12 secs per move. Please bring a clock if you have one. You should be familiar with playing on the clock before the tournament.
3. Baffle Boxes: Baffle boxes are optional. If both players agree, a baffle box may be used.
4. Matches will be played at designated, numbered tables – this really speeds up the process of getting matches going in a timely fashion. Players will be expected to play on that designated table. For the avoidance of doubt “moving video equipment is a hassle” is not a valid reason for playing on the wrong table.
5. Breaks / lunch / leaving the playing room – if you are going to be away from the theatre of play for more than 5 minutes you must let the tournament staff know.
6. Any breach of the rules for starting times and breaks may result in penalty points. If a player is not present and has not started the match 5 minutes after the starting time or after the end of the permitted break, one penalty point may be awarded. Subsequently a further penalty point may be awarded for each subsequent 5 minute delay. When a player has been awarded penalty points corresponding to more than half of the length of the match, such player shall be deemed to have won the match.
7. If any additional rulings are required then these will be handled by the Tournament Director(s) and selected experienced players at the tournament.
8. There may be arrangements to keep everyone as safe as possible with respect to Covid-19. Everyone is expected to adhere to these guidelines.